Openoffice.org fonts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
So I have installed x11 and openoffice.org on my MacBook. It is running well and seems to be largely compatible with MS Office. However, the font selection is not what I am used to. Is there a way to get ahold of Times New Roman and Arial for OOo writer?

C

clairejr

Have you installed the latest version of OpenOffice (2.0.4)? If you haven't, you should upgrade to it. It works much better than the previous versions and I think it has more fonts pre-installed.

If you still need new fonts after upgrading to OOo 2.0.4, you can download fonts for free from http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-v.html#FreeFonts

To install the fonts into OpenOffice 2.0, control-click or right-click on the OpenOffice.org 2.0.app. Select "Show Package Contents." Open the "Contents" folder, then copy or move the fonts into the "MacOS ---> share ---> fonts ---> truetype" folder. The next time you launch OpenOffice, your newly installed fonts will be listed in the fonts menu.

Claire

S

smsm1

If you upgrade to OpenOffice.org 2.0.4, you will find that you will be asked to convert your current fonts for use with OpenOffice.org, the first time you launch OpenOffice.org. There is no need to go into the package contents of ooo, if the fonts have already been installed prior to ooo running for the first time.

I am a developer on the Mac Porting Project.

Shaun
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/

OP
Craig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
Thank you very much for the responses folks :D Im alot happier using my familiar fonts now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.