Linksys WRT54G -- help!

Reaction score
I have a new Linksys WRT54G version 6.0 software and I have a major problem (or I think it's a major problem...)

I can connect to it with my MacBook Pro ONLY if I am using Windows. Any time I try to load OS X and enter the password it tells me "There was an error joining the AirPort network..." I tried setting the Airport settings under sharing to accept WEP encryption... what am I missing? I just want this router to work... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Try putting a $ in front of the WEP key.

OP
G
Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe it was that easy. Thank you, D3v1L80Y. Now I can go sleep sound in the knowledge that I have an encrypted wireless network.

M

mlem

Linksys has released a firmware upgrade for the WRT54G v5 and v6 that should fix the problem. Apparently there was an issue in the way the router assigned IP addresses to Mac clients.

I tested it out using my Intel and PPC computers. The new firmware seems to fix the problem.

For more information: macnewsonline

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.