Imac as monitor?

M

MrJacknCoke

Hi, i have a friend who has a 20" intel imac, and he was looking at buying a mac pro. he asked me if he could use the imac as a monitor for the mac pro as well as using the imac's hardware. is there any sort of configuration... i really don't know. thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, this really can't be done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
To bad to. This 24" imac is my only 1080p display and I would love to hook a hd dvd drive up to it.

Reaction score
I do not have an iMac yet...still working up the courage and common-sense to make the switch :) , BUT couldn't the..... (I find his name slightly blasphemous) and MrJackandCoke hook his hd dvd drive up to his mac through USB2 or firewire?
Just a random thought,
mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
I do not have an iMac yet...still working up the courage and common-sense to make the switch :) , BUT couldn't the..... (I find his name slightly blasphemous) and MrJackandCoke hook his hd dvd drive up to his mac through USB2 or firewire?
Just a random thought,
mikeylee
You could certainly (when they're available) grab an external Blu-Ray/HD-DVD drive and hook that up to your iMac for watching hi-def movies. Not sure about standalone players tho, I personally haven't seen any that have that capability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Hi, i have a friend who has a 20" intel imac, and he was looking at buying a mac pro. he asked me if he could use the imac as a monitor for the mac pro as well as using the imac's hardware. is there any sort of configuration... i really don't know. thank you.

Nope. This is not possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.