Too many "Unexpected quits" since recent update

Reaction score
Ever since I recently updated to 7.0.2 here about last week, iTunes won't stay open for more than a few hours. When I come back, I see the popup "The application iTunes quit unexpectedly", with the option to re-open, send a report, etc. Also, when I restart the program it starts with the "License Agreement" box, as if this is the first time it has been run. It has crashed during downloads, music and video play, and while just sitting idle, so I can't pinpoint an activity that may be causing this. Is anyone else having the same problems? BTW, I'm on a MacBook 2g processor with 1g of RAM running OSX 10.4.8. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Ever since I recently updated to 7.0.2 here about last week, iTunes won't stay open for more than a few hours. When I come back, I see the popup "The application iTunes quit unexpectedly", with the option to re-open, send a report, etc. Also, when I restart the program it starts with the "License Agreement" box, as if this is the first time it has been run. It has crashed during downloads, music and video play, and while just sitting idle, so I can't pinpoint an activity that may be causing this. Is anyone else having the same problems? BTW, I'm on a MacBook 2g processor with 1g of RAM running OSX 10.4.8. Thanks for any help.

G'day,

Try this for me please:

Open audio midi setup in the Applications/Utilities folder
On the left, select "Built in Output" from the "Properties for:" select box.
Then, on the right change the format from 96000.0 Hz to 44100.0 Hz.

OP
Qslim
Reaction score
G'day,

Try this for me please:

Open audio midi setup in the Applications/Utilities folder
On the left, select "Built in Output" from the "Properties for:" select box.
Then, on the right change the format from 96000.0 Hz to 44100.0 Hz.

Thanks for the reply, Marty. I checked as you advised, but the output is already set to 44100.00. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Reaction score
Here are a few suggestions:

The crashing issue was solved by removing all the scripts that I had installed (LAME Encoder, FetchArt, and others...). I haven't figured out which extension caused the crashing, though.

Another suggestion: open GarageBand, click a few notes on the little keyboard in the window, then close GarageBand.

And finally:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=3003648&postcount=4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.