Airport Extreme, Routers and Radio Broadband

G

GoingGrey

Hi all,
Radio broadband has just been installed at our house but I'm having trouble connecting to it. I have an Airport Extreme Base Station which I've used for two years with a dial-up account. I can't configure this to the radio broadband though.

Everything is connected as it should be - the cable is in the WAN port on the Base Station. My 'Aiport status' shows that I'm connected via Ethernet but I cannot then open up any page on the Internet. The 'AirPort Admin Utility' software asks for a number for the router which I've not been supplied with - a friend suggested that I might need a router in addition the Airport for it to work. The radio broadband company doesn't know what is going on. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Hi all,
Radio broadband has just been installed at our house but I'm having trouble connecting to it. I have an Airport Extreme Base Station which I've used for two years with a dial-up account. I can't configure this to the radio broadband though.

Everything is connected as it should be - the cable is in the WAN port on the Base Station. My 'Aiport status' shows that I'm connected via Ethernet but I cannot then open up any page on the Internet. The 'AirPort Admin Utility' software asks for a number for the router which I've not been supplied with - a friend suggested that I might need a router in addition the Airport for it to work. The radio broadband company doesn't know what is going on. Can anyone help?

Plug everything in as requested, then reboot your modem (the cable modem that is) whilst the router is still active. You'll probably find it configures itself... or at least my $35 Belkin wireless router did.

OP
G

GoingGrey

Thanks very much for the advice. That's not worked either, I'm afraid. Any more ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.