iBook Macally Power Adapter

Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Item Review forum or hardware, seeing as it's a piece of hardware, I posted it here.

My iBook G4 charger broke after a while of using it, it was old. I wasn't gonna buy the apple one to replace it, too expensive, so I bought the 3rd party adapter by a company called Macally.

I later got to the reviews and seen problems with it. I had been getting these problems with this charger for a while. I posted this here on a mac forum to see if I and the Amazon buyers were the only people getting this problem.

The Problem is:
This charger after a while, stops charging properly, sometimes it chargers, others the connection stops and I lose battery. I have lost much of my work on photoshop for this.. (I should have saved it )

Another problem is if I keep it in for a few minutes after it reaching full battery, my laptop overheats and unexpectedly turns off.

If anyone else is having this problem with this charger, reply here. (I couldn't find anymore threads about it) and I also warn other mac users not to buy this.

(PS. I'll post a bit more later, I'm in a rush)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I bought a refurbed iBook from MacRestore.com and it came with a MacAlly adapter.

In over 18 months of use it's acted flawlessly.

My guess is that you simply have a bad one.

OP
A
Reaction score
I really am having a problem now, my laptop is completely drained of battery and it won't charge AT ALL! I have been spending days on google trying to find a solution and there's nothing.

And the apple shop in jersey has no apple power adaptors. And amazon.co.uk doesn't either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It is possible that the problem is not with the adapters at all. You could have a problem with the charging unit on your logic board itself.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm not sure, is there any way I can find out? I am new to all this stuff.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'd do that, but my laptop is completely drained of it's battery and will no longer charge long enough for me to turn it on.

OP
A
Reaction score
I am really having a problem now, my battery is rapidly flashing and it won't go past the startup chime.

OP
A
Reaction score
My laptop, I managed to charge 1 hour into it, and turned it on, it suddenly turned off again, and even with 1 hour of battery, it won't turn on atall now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.