Just my luck!

Reaction score
My macbook arrived on the 9th, 1 day after the new core 2 duo release. I'm hoping the macconnection.com will let me return this one for the new one. I'm waiting for them to reply to my email.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
lots of discussion here
new macbook

sounds like you don't have much to worry about.
just got mine about two months ago, other than taking a slight monetary hit, i don't think the performance is going to be too much different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
I got my macbook a month ago and i dot feel bad about not waiting. There really wasnt a big jump other then the chip its self which is not noticible faster for the average user. ie me.

OP
H
Reaction score
I know, it's just that it was so soon after I bought it. If I had bought it 2 or 3 months ago, I probably wouldn't care as much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
If you are within your 14 day money back guarantee you can send it in and swap it for a C2D machine for the price of restocking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Sent it back tell them you no longer want it....Get a refund

Then go back in and buy the new one.

OP
H
Reaction score
Well, I spoke with macconnection and I can't return it. It's not a big deal, just that it came out the day before mine arrived.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Of course you can return it, how long you had it.

What right have they to say you can't refund it, it's your legal right.

Edit: Just checked out the website, that's got to annoy you about there returns policy. I don't think what they have there would be considered legal in the UK or Europe. Oh well Sorry about that.

Edit x2: Extract from a UK Retailer on their Returns Policy.
A full refund or an exchange of equal value if preferred, is guaranteed for customers returning unopened products within 28 days of purchase or delivery. Under distance selling legislation, any opened products purchased via our web site or telephone are also subject to a 7-day exchange or refund.

I don't know how you stand for that crap over there, that would **** me right off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.