Mail Issues

Reaction score
Hello:

I am having an issue with Mail that is sort of strange. In case it matters, I have it setup as an IMAP account. So, the problem is this: sometimes when I delete a message, it will somehow reappear the next time I open Mail or go to my Inbox. I have not emptied my trash, but still, I do not understand how my messages are getting from by trash back to my Inbox. Has anyone else experiences this problem? If so, is there a solution? I'd rather not have to empty my trash after I delete each message, since I sometimes need to go back and look at deleted messages.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have had this issue in the past with several other email clients. Your account is probably set up to not delete messages off the server when you look at them in the client. You can change that setting in Mail. If it is set the way I suspect, the messages will always show back up because they are still on the server. Change the setting in Mail and all should be well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.