Safari username autofill?

Reaction score
I would like Safari to remember my usernames on websites. I know I can go to the autofill under preferences to do this, but then it will also remember my passwords and autofill them too, and I dont like the idea of that. I just want my username to be remembered and autofilled and not the password. Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It is either saving both the username and password, or save neither.
Safari won't save only the username with the password blank.

OP
G
Reaction score
well that kinda sucks I guess. There are just some sites and such that I just dont trust if somebody were to get my computer so I guess I'll just have to stick with typing them in everytime. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
Why does autofill not function even though I've set it up to do so under Preferences. It was working fine for a while but now it does not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
That's currently my problem too, rukind2. Unfortunately no one hasn't replied yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Why does autofill not function even though I've set it up to do so under Preferences. It was working fine for a while but now it does not work.

If you are talking about autofill as in your name and address, telephone numbers etc. Safari gets its info from Address Book app, so you have to fill in your details in that programeme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
No, the usernames and passwords. It doesn't prompt me to save anymore. And it doesn't even input the past entries it saved. I tried resetting Safari but nothing happened.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.