Thunderbird to Entourage migration

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to mac and i'm seeking some help.

First off, I installed a newer version of Entourage b/c the current 10.2.X version didn't support exchange.

I just installed the new app under applications and all is working. I still have the older version, will I do any harm by leaving it there or can I just uninstall it (w.o removing word, excel) etc.

My main question now is the migration.

I need to copy over the mail, contacts, calendar, etc from thunderbird to entourage.

Thunderbird doesen't have a feature to "export"

I read on the modzilla site that I can just import everything from the current profile to the new mail client (entourage)

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq#export

It states that I must import the standard plain text file which is in a "mbox" format.

So I clicked on import, plain text (mbox) and searched threw my profile and I found all of the mbox files that I need to import. The problem is, when I select the file/folder, the "import" button is greyed out. It doesen't allow me to import any files at all with the mbox format. I have no idea what to do at this point...

Anyone have any suggestions..?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Yup - they probably need to be renamed with a ".mbx" extension. Remember, Entourage is a Microsoft program. It probably lives and dies on those three letter extensions!

Try adding ".mbx" to the filenames. I bet it works!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.