who's spying on me???

J

jeffersno1

Eveing all,

wondered if someone culd point me in the right direction...

few years ago a friend introduced me to the mac (very greatful he did) and he was showing me a few features on it. He was running some software or a script or something that was showing him all the connections being made or being attempted to his mac, like his ISP and ourselves round a friends house, he was able to see a wealth of information, i was wondering if anyone has come across anything like this before, i know a few commands and have written scripts in the past but im a little lost.

I use the mac a lot now and have since given my pc the boot but i've always been curious as to what my old friend was using, i would ask but i've lost contact.

Any suggestions greatfully received

Jeffers.

Reaction score
Open Terminal and type this:
netstat -a -f inet

If you want more info, type 'man netstat' without the quotes.

OP
J

jeffersno1

thanks for your reply cradom,

i was already aware of these commands, and they only show you the currnet status - i would like to be able to constantly monitor every piece of low level traffic coming to my mac even from the ISP.

thanks for your suggestion anyway.

regards

Jeffers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
you could use tcpdump, which dumps every single packet coming in and going out of a particular interface?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.