Dell Enhanced Multimedia USB Keyboard on a Mac?

X

Xymox

310-7879.jpg

I picked up a Dell Enhanced Multimedia USB Keyboard a while back for $8. I hadn't planned on using it on my Mac, but I'd like to now.

The problem:
The standard keyboard works just fine. However, I can only get 1 of the 15 pre-programmed hotkeys to work (the mute key). Any suggestions on how I can get at least the rest of the audio controls (stop, play, rwd, fwd, launch music app/itunes, and volume knob) to function on my Mac?

Thanks fellas.
:mac:

Reaction score
From my research on the Logitech Laser Desktop for Mac, I can assume that you need software specifically made for a Mac to get the extra functions. I doubt it is available for the Dell keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Unless the keyboard comes with Mac drivers, you're out of luck. Any special keyboard needs drivers to tell OS X what to do with those keys (especially since they're generally setup to work with Windows apps).

Reaction score
I got the same problem, I would like to get my Dell keyboard to work on the Mac.

On Linux I got this little app that will let me press a key and then assign a function to it (say, volume up or launch email), so it's possible to get any keyboard to work with it. Isn't there something similar for OS X?

MTI

Reaction score
Since the Dell keyboard in question (SK-8135) is built for Dell by Logitech, has anyone tried Mac drivers from Logitech?

Reaction score
USB Overdrive

You also might try out USB Overdrive. It won't work with everything, but it's pretty good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.