• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Finally Comes To The Party .... !! WooHoo .... !!

Reaction score
:bone: I'm over the moon *does a little dance* ... *sings a little song*

With my first iMac (PPC G5 2.0 GHz 20") just over a year old and after 4 faults in as many months, (the last 4 months of the 1st year warranty) I am now the proud owner of a brand spankin' new iMac C2D 20" 2.16GHz ...WOOHOO!

Also ... I had just purchased the Extended Warranty in the last days of the 1st year and Apple Aust offered to transfer this over manually to my new iMac ... This means I have another 3 years of warranty ... !

I'm ecstatic with the new Core 2 Duo iMac ... I'm like a kid with a new toy, a dog with a bone, a .... better not go there, I think.

They also offered to have my data transferred over free of charge, but I only had 10 gb of personal files so I just transferred them over to my PC and will bring them all in myself tonight.

I also finally get to enjoy my Elgato USB DTT Stick (digital t.v.) which I haven't been able to use for what feels like the past 2 months, due to faulty USB 2 ports.

I am one happy chappie and I wanted to share this positive story around.

WOOHOOHOOWOOHOO!

OP
N
Reaction score
I know I made an error with that, but I couldn't give a rats behind, I'm so engrossed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I think he means C2D not G5 C2D.

I'm glad that everything went well. Enjoy your new toy :)

btw, you should update your Specs. in M-F

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Fantastic Pulse!!!! Congrats man! I'm happy for you...

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm in the process of transferring my data over my local network. I'm loving this iMac, everything about it is fantastic! It's so exciting, playing around with the remote, checking out the iSight cam in PhotoBooth, seeing what's new in iLife '06, hunting around to see if all my old PPC 3rd party apps are compatible with my C2D. It's my chrissie present come early...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.