Safari eating RAM

Reaction score
after a few hours of use Safari and Audium are useing WAY TO MUCH ram

about 200MB EACH. Is there any setting to adjust or something i need to do to keep them from running up my memory?

Reaction score
after a few hours of use Safari and Audium are useing WAY TO MUCH ram

about 200MB EACH. Is there any setting to adjust or something i need to do to keep them from running up my memory?

Don't know, but I have the same problem with Safari and have seen other people talk about.

OP
A
Reaction score
a simple fix it to close Audium and Safari , but that can be agervating if you have 4 or 5 tabs open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Safari is using 478MB right now on my machine. Not sure if this would help but if you closing safari then this program I have will reopen your safari window tabs and all its called forget me not.
http://math.uchicago.edu/~fowler/Software.html
edit: just tried it on my machine and knocked the memory used down to 48MB

OP
A
Reaction score
I did my ram upgrade today and well Safari is using 300MB of ram as we speak with only tabs. Is that NORMAL?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Intel C2D 2GB RAM 120GB Hard Drive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Safari seems to have a memory leak. The longer it's running, the more memory it uses. I just occasionally close it and re-open it.

Reaction score
This is how the so called memory leak was explained to me, Safari and Firefox use memory according to the memory installed on your machine. If you have 2 Macs with different amounts of memory you will see the memory usage different even with the same programs open.

Reaction score
I have started a new thread on my issues with my ibook being slower than my emac at home. I have safari on my ibook and Camino on my eMac. I'm wondering if Safari is the problem with the SLOW loading on the ibook??
My ibook is much newer than the eMac and has more ram etc.... - being slower just doesn't make sense.
It doesn't matter if I close the ibook and re-start either. It's just slow.

Reaction score
Safari is a big Ram hog, you should add a 1 gig stick and you would be all set. that is what i noticed as i have recently made the upgrade myself. now my macbook FLIES

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.