Softly Killing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
A few of my apps have started to not start. They are launched and their icon appears for a split second in the dock before fading away. No error message. I don't recall making any major change, nothing irregular. Here's a non-comprehensive list of broken apps in case you see something they have in common. Eg, no Adobe software works but all Apple software does.

Adobe Creative Suite
VNCViewer
NXClient
Folding@Home
Fugu
TextForge
Tomato Torrent
BitTorrent
Google Earth

What does work

All Apple software
Firefox
Transmission
Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
A few of my apps have started to not start. They are launched and their icon appears for a split second in the dock before fading away. No error message. I don't recall making any major change, nothing irregular. Here's a non-comprehensive list of broken apps in case you see something they have in common. Eg, no Adobe software works but all Apple software does.

Adobe Creative Suite
VNCViewer
NXClient
Folding@Home
Fugu
TextForge
Tomato Torrent
BitTorrent
Google Earth

What does work

All Apple software
Firefox
Transmission
Quick Silver

er... looks like all the Universal apps are working and the PPC specific apps are not... as a first glance. Are you have an Intel or PPC CPU? Your sig says MacBook so I assume Intel. Is this a Rosetta problem?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes! They are all PPC apps. How do I run them with Rosetta? I know you're supposed to set it in the info window, but I don't see the checkbox. That might just be part of the problem. The console output is, for Folding@home for example,

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
Referenced from: /Applications/Productivity/[email protected]/Contents/MacOS/Folding@home
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Yes! They are all PPC apps. How do I run them with Rosetta? I know you're supposed to set it in the info window, but I don't see the checkbox. That might just be part of the problem.

I am at work now and cannot visualise how to do this. I'll reply later unless someone sorts it before then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.