my G4 keeps shutting down

N

newintomac

okay here is the deal... first time ever been on a mac and i broke it already... i was on the internet and i wanted to try to do some updates. downloaded new updates (don't remember what it was) and then deleted the old owner of the computer. it asked me to restart so i did... and then BAM!!! the problem started... now every time i try to boot it shuts down. sometimes i past the little icon but then it shuts down again. i went out to buy the MAC OS X 10.4 but it shuts down before i can use any utilities. sometimes i get pretty far, and sometimes it will only last a few seconds...

OP
N

newintomac

It was a hardware problem you guys! it only took me a couple of days to figure it out...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It was a hardware problem you guys! it only took me a couple of days to figure it out...

Just for the record and to help someone else in the future, what turned out to be the problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.