urgent macs loseing ip address

Reaction score
hi
this is really bizzare.. our network renews ip addresses every 7 days

but this morning it just went mental.. some macs were fine.. others would not pic up the ip address in the range available.

we also have pcs... the ones that did not work we just enables qos packet tagging and it was fine.. weird..

macs i aint a clue.. does anyone know why certain macs dont get the right ip address. all mac are running 10.4

so for temp basis we have assigned static ip address.. which is only on a temp basis..

is there any options on macs.. or somthing that will tell us why?

thanks

Reaction score
I can't think of a reason that the Mac's DHCP lease wouldn't get renewed correctly. Did you simple stuff like restart? That should cleanse their mind.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks for yr reply
yeh i did all the usual stuff.. restart etc

for some bizare raeson if we ping the server and then click on renew dhcp ip address.. it will then assign the ip address in the range.. but somtimes tis does not work as well

weird.. but any other ideas???

Reaction score
Your DHCP server is not acknowledging correctly. Do you need the seven day lease? Can you change it to something else? What is your DHCP server? Can you restart it?

OP
T
Reaction score
the server was restarted... what is happening now the macs do seem to get the correct ip address in the range as it seems today but it does not pick up the gateway.. soo no internet!!!

ok this is wht i figured out on the pc's - u go into the configuration of the network card - and then enable 802.1p QOS or on some pc's its called QOS packet tagging and its all fine..

is there somthing similar on teh macs???

OP
T
Reaction score
any1? see the post above this.. its odd.. half of the mac's dnt get the correct ip range..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.