.Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I got the trial and I don't fully get it. I dig the idea of having a iDisk sync on the apple network but am curious on if there is any more appealing incintives. On the tour they talk about uploading pics and making iCards but i've had no luck syncing photos and cannot "create cards". Is this just a limit to the trial like the 50mb space thing? Or is it just buggy?
Either way I love my new mac and am having fun sorting out the new OS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
You get a bunch of email addresses, and it makes it easy for you to upload photos and videos online to share with family and friends. It's easy to make websites and back up data as well.

It's a great service, but unfortunately it's a bit pricey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I like the email address and the other features are pretty cool, but the thing I would buy it for (once my trial runs out) is the email address. Its simple, easy to remember and looks awesome ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, 24", 64G 3G iPad
There is no doubt you can get all the same services for free, but for me it is easy to use, iLife is so linked up with it! And it keeps everything central, which I also like. I hate having accounts for different things all over the place... call me lazy.

I am living away from home, so I am enjoying putting up web pages with updates that friends and family can check out. It's pricey, but I think it works for a certain market... that would be me! ha.... I even signed up before my trial ran out!

Reaction score
I just got off my trial period and decided to take advantage of it. I was hesitant at first because of the price being so high, but I am now glad I did. The backup procedure is a snap and that gives peace of mind plus I love the prestige of the address.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd also suggest using the search button at the top of the forum. You'll find lots of information on this topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.