Charging Indicator light

Reaction score
The indicator light on the magsafe charger keeps flashing from amber to green when the battery is completely charged. I tried draining the battery and resetting the PMU, but no luck. Is my battery or magsafe charger shot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 core2, 2gigs ram, 120gig HD / 24" iMac, 2.33 core 2, 2 gig, 256 grapics, 500hd
Mine has done that a couple times before, I found that the more I leave the charger plugged in for longer periods time it hasn't done it since...?

OP
D
Reaction score
I left it plugged in over night and it stopped doing it, I was getting worried.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem! Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I had a similar screwy problem with my power adapter. It was a bit worse because I would sit there looking at it while it was connected and all of the sudden the light would go *out*.

It turned out the pins inside the MagSafe connector had lost their "spring" and were just flopping around inside the head. If I whacked it down the pins would come all the way out and make contact when I plugged it in. But if anything jostled the connection would be lost.

I went to the Genius Bar and they replaced the adapter for me.

Just something to check out. Good luck!

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem! Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Actually I had a bad battery. I went to the genius bar and they replaced it. On the write up form it said bulging battery? No clue what that means

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.