Im a Convert!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac; Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz; nVidia Geforce 7600 GT 256MB; 2GB RAM; 250GB Harddrive
Hi,

I just ordered an iMac(the 24" one:black: ) And I just have a couple questions considering I have never used a Mac before.

1)I did a lot of game programming of my old PC. Is this possible on a Mac? Also where would I go to look for info for this?

2)I bought the .Mac software thing that you can buy along with the mac, is this like a one time payment? Or do I still have to pay yearly?

Thats all for now...

Thanks
Data

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Hi,

I just ordered an iMac(the 24" one:black: ) And I just have a couple questions considering I have never used a Mac before.

1)I did a lot of game programming of my old PC. Is this possible on a Mac? Also where would I go to look for info for this?

2)I bought the .Mac software thing that you can buy along with the mac, is this like a one time payment? Or do I still have to pay yearly?

Thats all for now...

Thanks
Data

Not sure about number 1 but number 2 is a yearly subscription.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thats all for now...

Thanks
Data

Congratulations and welcome to Mac-Forums, Data!

1) I found these links to get you going on the development front:

http://developer.apple.com/games/gameenginesonmac.html

http://www.idevgames.com/

2) The .mac account is only a trial and you have the option to subscribe yearly.

Enjoy your mac!

OP
Data
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac; Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz; nVidia Geforce 7600 GT 256MB; 2GB RAM; 250GB Harddrive
thanks for the quick and welcoming reply guys, really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Welcome to the lovely world of macs!

i bet you cant wait till you get your mac.

I was pretty keen on gaming as well, i installed bootcamp to run games and any game i wanted ran flawlessly, so if your looking to do a lot of gaming thats your best bet.

But as of 2 weeks ago, that windows partition is gone :D

I uhhhh Freed my mind

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.