pismo not sleeping :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
howdy..i searched the internet and such before i posted here...but the my pismo does not always go to sleep! I tried reinstalling Tiger and it most of the time sleeps, but sometimes the screen shuts off, but the HD never stops spinning and the sleep light doesnt start flashing. I hold down the power button and the hard drive eventually just slows down. I restart and it says OSX quit unexpectidly. soo i dont know what is going on..any ideas??
thanks!
-dave

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
howdy..i searched the internet and such before i posted here...but the my pismo does not always go to sleep! I tried reinstalling Tiger and it most of the time sleeps, but sometimes the screen shuts off, but the HD never stops spinning and the sleep light doesnt start flashing. I hold down the power button and the hard drive eventually just slows down. I restart and it says OSX quit unexpectidly. soo i dont know what is going on..any ideas??
thanks!
-dave

OK, i found out what is happening...when it doesnt go into sleep mode...it gives me that one error screen saying i need to restart or powerdown my machine by holding down the power button. I didnt see it before cause the screen was not lit up. but i just happened to notice it this last time. this is soooo frustrating...this has been nothing but problems so far and its annoying. any help PLEASE will work!!
-dave

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks! ill try those out...
-dave

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, i tried the disk utility...it did notice some errors on the disk permissions...i repaired those and it worked most of the day, up untill ust now. i went to close the lid and the same thing happened. I dont have anything foreign hooked up to it. so i checked into the other links you gave me, and nothing seemed to work....ill just live with it. thanks
-dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.