Restore Discs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook CD2.0gz 60gb harddrive, 1.25GB RAM, external 120gb HD, 37" JVC LCD HDTV display via HDMI
Does anyone know if the restore discs for a Mac Mini will work on a Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, they won't. Restore discs are created for the machine they are included with and aren't intended to be used with any other machine.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook CD2.0gz 60gb harddrive, 1.25GB RAM, external 120gb HD, 37" JVC LCD HDTV display via HDMI
ok thanks....i guess I have alot to learn about Mac's....I can't wait to get this thing running...so far my experience with Mac's has been a laptop with no operating system giving me a huge headache lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Uh, devilboy, I know you're trying to cover Inet's ***, but you couldn't be more wrong.

The Mac Mini's restore discs will work fine. So will any others, so long as the architecture matches up (X86 - Intel for Intel machines, PPC for PowerPC)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I was told this when I needed some restore disks for a PowerMac G4, so I grabbed some OS X 10.4 restore disks for G4 eMac off ebay. They didn't work - they were locked to eMac machines only. It may be that eMacs were 'special' and had specially locked disks, but the blanket statement that all restore disks will work for all machines matching the platform isn't necessarily true.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ahhhhh.....i wish i would have checked your replys before i passed on the restore discs and ordered the 10.4 full install

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.