Toast 7 Problem ***S.O.S.***

Reaction score
I am having a problem burning a DVD from a TS File. I am a noob but I have burned several other DVD's using the same method so I have a general idea how the process goes.

Here's what I am doing:

1. Rip the DVD using MTR - I get the usual bad sectors warning but the DVD always seems to burn & play just fine

2. Open Toast to compress & burn the DVD - This is where I am having problems. When I select the TS folder to burn, Toast gives me an error that says "The contents of this VIDEO_TS folder cannot be compressed" and that's it.

I am using Toast 7 Titanium and registered the software and downloaded the latest updates. I am using a MacBook with all the latest updates installed and running 2GB of RAM.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I am sure there is probably a simple solution, I hope. Thanks.

Reaction score

When you are asked by Toast to choose the file for burning, is it possible to choose the parent folder for the video/audio TS folders?

I have MTR for ripping, Handbrake for compressing but haven't got Toast yet.

I just rip/compress for iPod at the moment.

OP
captclose
Reaction score
When you are asked by Toast to choose the file for burning, is it possible to choose the parent folder for the video/audio TS folders?

I have MTR for ripping, Handbrake for compressing but haven't got Toast yet.

I just rip/compress for iPod at the moment.

Nah, it gives me the same error when I select the parent file as well.

I downloaded Handbrake and I think that will work. However, when I compressed the TS_VIDEO file it turned an entire movie into a 750MB MP4 file. I don't think that's right. What settings do you recommend I use in hand brake to prepare the movie for burning?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
there should be no "usual bad sectors warning" not many dvd's are created with intentional bad sectors
-chris

OP
captclose
Reaction score
there should be no "usual bad sectors warning" not many dvd's are created with intentional bad sectors
-chris

I agree but most of the DVD's I rip with MTR, I get a "this disc has bad sectors" warning after the rip is concluded. However, after I burn them, they play just fine.

OP
captclose
Reaction score
Alright, I figured it out or at least figured out a work around. If I rip only the main feature using MTR then I would get the error: "The contents of this VIDEO_TS folder cannot be compressed" when attempting to compress and burn using Toast 7.

If I rip using the "full disc extraction" method in MTR then Toast 7 will compress and burn as usual. Toast also gives me the option to burn "main feature only" so you don't lose that ability which is good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.