iPod CD input for car?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
Is there any way to connect your iPod to your stereo (CD Player) in your car? I read about all of these FM Transmittors and they all get bad reviews about song quality and static, I owned one myself and it was a pain at times. If there was one that went directly into the stereo I would think the quality would be perfect.

Reaction score
Is there any way to connect your iPod to your stereo (CD Player) in your car? I read about all of these FM Transmittors and they all get bad reviews about song quality and static, I owned one myself and it was a pain at times. If there was one that went directly into the stereo I would think the quality would be perfect.

Not that i know of. i have the actual griffin itrip and it works like a charm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
There are companies that build iPod to factory stereo interfaces, check out http://www.ipod2car.com/. Most aftermarket manufacturers like Kenwood and Alpine offer iPod modules for most of their systems.

Reaction score
isn't beyond annoying that here it is almost 2007 and factory radio's still do not have a "line in" jack on the front of the radio? Our TVs, DVD players and almost every other consumer electronic has had that for years.

Sorry for the rant -- but playing an iPod in my car is one big reason I would get one, and the ridiculous tangle of wires it would now require keeps me from buying one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If you live in an area where there are a lot of FM stations (like here in Chicago), FM transmitters like the iTrip are useless.

If you can't get an AUX-In to your car stereo unit, the next best bet IMHO is a cassette adapter.

There are tons of threads on this site that answer this question: just use the "Search" button above. Here's one of the threads.

Best of luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.