Sleep/Logout +Bittorrent

S

Shroin

Hey folks, I just switched from using a PC to a mac-mini, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I've had some trouble though, I'm trying to use bittorrent and it doesn't quite work. I get everything running and connected and downloading at a good rate, but when I leave it overnight and come back in the morning it has made almost no progress. Since I don't think it's the torrents fault, I believe something is halting the program (maybe an auto logout or something?) after I leave the computer alone.

I have auto-sleep and auto-shutdown turned off under powersaving, is there anything else I can do?

I'm using the basic bittorent client.

Reaction score
Seeing as you have both sleep and auto logoff turned off I would suggest trying another client.

Try Azureus, Bits on Wheels, or Transmission.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
It's possible that your upload rate is too high. Depending on your connection, you shouldn't be uploading more than 20-50kbps. Your download rate will drastically suffer if your uploading too much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.