Question about link aggregation...

Reaction score
I have been trying to aggregate my wired Ethernet adapter and my airport on my mac mini... I can't seem to find any information on it... I can get to the options to do the link aggregation, but the airport is not one of the selectable options... and i also have an additional Ethernet port that i could select, but I only have 1 Ethernet port on the back of my device... any suggestions as to how to do this would be great. Thanks!!!:eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
This is not possible with OS X client. Or with anything else I would doubt.

You would also need a switch that has link aggregation support (for both wired and wireless), which I doubt any home based product has. Further more the mac mini has 10/100/1000. Just get a gb switch if you think the en0 interface is causing a bottleneck.

Reaction score
Could you tell us why you want to do this? The only time I use link aggregation is with ethernet cards connecting servers in local area networks. I have never seen link aggregation on a client and I can't imagine linking an ethernet card and an Airport. The speed disparity is too great to make sense.

OP
S
Reaction score
Okay... well in response the MacsWork... I have a sonicwall wireless firewall, which is plugged into a gigabit switch, which is wired into my gigabit ethernet port on my mac mini... and wirelessly connected to my airport... Okay so I know that if I did link aggregate both of these... it wouldn't really make a difference in speed, but I would think that if Apple made the option built into the OS, why can't I do it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Airport Extreme does not support LACP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.