iMovie query

N

newclearwinter

Hey,

I've been reading that it's possible to join two MPEG-4 files together as one MPEG-4 file.

Not really familiar with iMovie though and was wondering if someone could provide some support...?

I've gotten as far as importing each MPEG-4 file for joining. They were imported in the order I want them to be joined in.

Any and all help would be appreciated folks,
Thanks,
Mike.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Once you have imported your data, drag them into the time line the way you want them. After you finish editting your movie, then choose the share option. Select format you want the movie to be created in and save it.

OP
N

newclearwinter

I managed to figure it out myself, but thanks rman.

There has to be a better way of joing two mpeg-4's though. iMovie took a lifetime and the quality was significantly reduced afterwards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I managed to figure it out myself, but thanks rman.

There has to be a better way of joing two mpeg-4's though. iMovie took a lifetime and the quality was significantly reduced afterwards.

that would be because the it's re-compressing data that was already compressed. If you want high quality images, better to get (whenever possible) high quality originals - with either no compression, or very little.

I agree though, there should be an easier way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.