Powermac G5 Power Supply?

C

cjohnso

hey i just got a free powermac g5 single processor 1.8ghz! when i plug it in and hit the power button the light lights up and the fans try to turn on and it just instantly turns off. takes about 2 seconds for it to shut down. wont even fire up. fans try turning and then they stop.. sounds like a bad power supply??? any help would be great thanks! :yinyang:

* another thing i didnt get the actual power cord for this mac... i tried a power cord from a pc.. dont know if that might make a difference!! but there was a problem with the computer before that is why i got it for free... thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
In order to troubleshoot the power supply, I would disconnect every piece of hardware that has a power cable except for the main power to the motherboard and the video card (if it has an external power cable). Then try and start it up. If it still doesn't start, it's either the motherboard, memory, CPU, or the power supply. If it does start, then your optical drive or some other thing plugged into the PSU is acting up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.