Application that tints the whole screen

E

eatmytag

Hi! Right now I am using my Macbook on my lap in bed. I would like to do some reading, but the screen is too bright (dark room) even at the lowest setting. Does anyone know of a program that simply puts a tinted overlay on the screen of my choice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
a lamp by your bed might help balance things out ;) It won't seem so bright if there's more surrounding light.

I'm not aware of any apps like that, but it may be worth doing a quick search at the trusty versiontracker.com and macupdate.com sites.

OP
E

eatmytag

a lamp by your bed might help balance things out ;) It won't seem so bright if there's more surrounding light.

I'm not aware of any apps like that, but it may be worth doing a quick search at the trusty versiontracker.com and macupdate.com sites.

Thanks for the tip, I found something that works for me now I think -- Afloat, which lets me adjust a window's transparency. I almost bought InvisRay, until I found a comment somewhere pointing out that Afloat was free.

The document I was reading was a PDF, so turning on slideshow, then turning up the transparency of Preview does the trick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Thank you for sharing. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.