bootcamp icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Stupid quesiton time and it's a really silly thing too..

Was wondering if there is anyway of chaing the windows drive icon that displays when you boot up.

I can't work out how to install Vista through bootcamp with the right formatted drive so the windows drive is ready only. To get round that to change the icon from within osx I just made the default internal drive icon what I wanted (windows logo) and change the other drives as necessary.

I'd really like to change the boot icon - must be a way? Even if it means reinstalling and someone can tell me how to format the volume correctly!

Thanks very much!

Ad :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I think this is what you are looking for.... There is more than likely another way of doing it and probably free way aswell this program is $20

https://www.panic.com/candybar/

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry - i have candybar. when you go into volumes in only shows the mac one. I used candybar to change the default internal drive icon as above! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I used shapeshifter to change the theme of my Mac...and that set's different icons for the Windows XP Partition and the OSX Partition .

I just assumed you would be able to do it using CandyBar as it was designed for that particular thing.

At least I know for the future

Reaction score
This was a good question, but is there anyway to change the PARTITION NAME of the windows xp partition??? right now its set as "untitled" and its getting on my nerves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This was a good question, but is there anyway to change the PARTITION NAME of the windows xp partition??? right now its set as "untitled" and its getting on my nerves.

I changed it to Windows XP (pretty straight forward) and I think I done it via Windows Xp and just Renamed it by Right Clicking the Properties then entering it in the Label Field

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I used shapeshifter to change the theme of my Mac...and that set's different icons for the Windows XP Partition and the OSX Partition .

I just assumed you would be able to do it using CandyBar as it was designed for that particular thing.

At least I know for the future

I thought shapeshifter was only PPC compatible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought shapeshifter was only PPC compatible?

Beta, I think!

I'll check it out when I get back on my Mac

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeh you can get a beta of it - sadly it doesn't do the trick :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Icon that I changed for my Windows XP partition appears the Default one when your Boot Up, although the OSX Parition is the New Modified Icon I selected for it.

Which is making me think that maybe you have to change that Icon for it to reflect during Boot Up you have to change it on the Windows Side. Just a thought

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
maybe - certainly worth a shot!

Thanks

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol thanks - but I don't have a usb drive so I'm trying to work out a way around it... maybe creating a fat partition on my xp laptop? you reckon that will work?

Ad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.