Mail on Tiger

Reaction score
I have a iBook G4 10.4.2 laptop, it has Mail as part of the Tiger package. I don't have a username or password for it because you have to pay. Anytime on a webpage if I click on contact to get the email address it automatically opens Mail and requests a username/password before I can even quit Mail. Is there any way to disable Mail completely or should I just delete it, cos it's really annoying. I don't even get to see the email address I want to contact now because Mail requests a username/password first (which I don't have!) Argggh

Also can you download Outlook Express or something like that to use with an external email account? Is that free?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
You have to select a POP account when you setup Mail, or you can download Mozilla Thunderbird www.mozilla.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If you have an account you could put into outlook you can put it into mail, you dont 'have to use .mac to use mail. Otherwise you can disable it or change the automatic mail client to something other then mail.

You can buy entorage (which is microsofts version of outlook for the mac) but you can not download it, it must be purchased with microsoft office.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Usually an incoming mail server would be "pop.domain.com" or something similar, and the outgoing would be "smtp.domain.com"

I'd suggest contacting www.mail.com and getting the proper incoming/outgoing server addresses, plus any kind of login info such as SSL or any kind of authentication.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
You have to pay to use mail? Or do you just have to pay to use mail with .mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
You have to pay to use mail? Or do you just have to pay to use mail with .mac?

Just with .mac

I gotta question. How do I use my yahoo mailbox via the mail app. in OSX? I got yahoo and won't be getting rid of anytime soon so how or can I check my yahoomail by clicking on that cute little stamp in the dock? Does anyone have yahoo? and do you use the mail app? Can you please walk me through the process. I wanna be able to consolidate all my mail into one clever little app and I' hoping its mail. Can I view and respond to both my .mac and yahoo account via mail?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.