About Parallels desktop for Mac

O

OUZO

Message for For German Mac users interested in Parallels Desktop for Mac, in English and German language:
The German retailers of the above virtual machine software sell it for less than 50 Euro.
When installing the program, you must enter a valid registration key which is not included in the package.
For receiving this registration key, Avanquest UK Ltd. requires the additional payment of about 70 Euro.
Any additional cost is neither specified in the advertisement of the retailers nor in the exhaustive description on the package and is forbidden by German law for material sold in Germany under German law.
When claiming your right to receive a valid registration key from your German retailer for a product you believe to have fully payed, you can expect a notice that your message has been forwarded to Parallels and never get any further answer. Besides, you will only learn from the manual that you can only install newer Windows versions containing Service Pack 2, requesting further vinvestment if you do not already own such a licence. Buying Products from foreign companies registered as Ltd (Limited) or Inc. (Incorporated) is not the same as buying from a German GmbH!
Expressed in kind words, in Germany, this would mean "hidden cost", in a rude word "deception"!
Mitteilung an deutsche Mac User mit Interesse an Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Die Deutschen Wiederverkäufer der genannten virtual machine Software verkaufen diese für unter 50 Euro.
Bei der Installation des Programms müssen Sie eine gültige Registrierungsnummer eingeben, die nicht im Lieferumfang enthalten ist. Für die Mitteilung dieser Registrierungsnummer verlangt Avanquest UK Ltd. die zusätzliche Zahlung von ca. 70 Euro. Irgendwelche zusätzliche Kosten werden weder in der Werbung der Wiederverkäufer noch in der ausführlichen Beschreibung auf der Verpackung genannt, was für Waren, die in Deutschland unter deutschem Recht verkauft werden, verboten ist.
Wenn sie bei Ihrem deutschen Wiederverkäufer das Recht reklamieren, eine gültige Registrierungsnummer für ein Produkt zu erhalten, dessen vollen Preis Sie bezahlt zu haben glauben, müssen Sie mit der Mitteilung rechnen, dass Ihre Nachricht an Parallels weitergegeben wurde, ohne dass Sie jemals eine weitere Antwort erhalten. Ausserdem erfahren Sie erst aus der Bedienungsanleitung, dass Sie nur neuere Versionen von Windows, die SP2 enthalten, installieren können, was weitere Investition erfordert, wenn Sie nicht schon eine solche Lizenz besitzen. Der Kauf von Produkten bei ausländischen Firmen, die als Inc. (incorporated) registriert sind, ist nicht dasselbe wie der Kauf bei einer deutschen GmbH!
In freundlichen Worten wären das in Deutschland "verborgene Kosten", mit einem groben Wort "Abzocke"!

OP
O

OUZO

About Parallels desktop for Mac 2

After many weeks, I have found out the cause of the trouble only today:
Only due to the fact that Avanquest does not differentiate wetween O (as in Oh) and 0 (=Zero), I entered a wrong serial number and got the message that „the activation key seems to be incorrect“, as I have reported to them by email.
They could evade such problems easily by using the zero with an inclined dash, as usual in programming, in order not to read it as an Oh in combination with other numbers and letters from the alphabet.
I am sorry for the previous comment I had written nd kindly ask the readers to understand that the problem has originated by careless use of letters in the serial number printed on the back side of the manual, alone.
Reiner Lange, Leonberg/Germany

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.