Microsoft Word

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Okey My Enter key that is above my shift key on my right hand side does not work anymore. Over the months, i have learned to get used to the little enter key that is beside the "apple logo button" My problem is that the key dont work with Microsoft word or Entourage, which sucks sooo bad. I was looking for a setting that probably caused this but couldn' find one.

Any suggestion is very well appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
that's a strange problem... it's probably better to use the return key, as for some other programs, the enter key is used to jump to the next page (or text box) If you turn invisibles on (that's available in Word, right?) you'll see a graphic icon for each space, return etc. you make. If nothing shows up for your returns, maybe it's the keyboard?

Also, check your preferences - there may be something there. I recall something like that for excel, which tells the program what to do when you hit the return key.

OP
mimi8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Okey well the little enter key works, i know that cause i am using it right now and i use it to login and for many other things. Its just in microsoft word i get this whenever i hit the enter key, i get a text that looks like a box? I have no clue why i am getting a "box looking" text in the first place. I was looking for settings, and i can't find anyone.

On Excel my enter key works fine... just Word, and Entourage Mail i am having these wierd problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well...i'd suggest you get your keyboard fixed. If your Return key stopped working, you might well loose other keys soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.