Microsoft Word Send to

Reaction score
I needed to e-mail a friend a word document that I had opened and I saw under File, a Send to -> Mail Recipient (as attachment) option but it's faded. Anyone know why?

Reaction score
This sounds like a M$ issue...are you asking here because this is happening in XP while running Boot Camp/Parallels?

I know on my PC this option exists and is accessible.

I'm sure you're aware that this way is only one of a few methods to email documents as attachments...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Have you tried saving it then dragging it into a new message in Mail?

OP
B
Reaction score
To the first poster, I'm having this problem on OS X. I know there are other ways to email this file but I'd like to utilize this feature. Anyone know why it's faded?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Is your "Mail" client up and running?

Have you tried to "Repair disk permissions"?

What is your setup?

OP
B
Reaction score
Is your "Mail" client up and running?

Have you tried to "Repair disk permissions"?

What is your setup?

Yes, my mail client is running and set up with my gmail account.

I repaired disk permissions.

What do you mean by setup? I have a black macbook 2ghz core duo 1.25gb ram, 80gb hdd, and osx 10.4.8. what else do you need to know?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
has it worked before?

can you send other documents?

i'm guessing you actually have a document open when you're trying this, right? (silly question, but one must ask)

i don't use office on my macbook, but i do use it every day at work, so just thinking about basic troubleshooting steps.

OP
B
Reaction score
has it worked before?

can you send other documents?

i'm guessing you actually have a document open when you're trying this, right? (silly question, but one must ask)

i don't use office on my macbook, but i do use it every day at work, so just thinking about basic troubleshooting steps.

It's never worked before and in Excel files, it's faded as well. Yes, I have the document open;)

I appreciate the attempts to troubleshoot my problem, Eric. Can anyone else help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What email client are you using?
From Word Help:
Word Help said:
To send documents, you need one of the following Mac OS X-compatible programs:
• Microsoft Entourage
• Eudora
• Mail
• Mailsmith

Notes
• You cannot send documents from Microsoft Office if your default e-mail program runs in the Classic environment.
• Sending documents in e-mail might not work across electronic mail gateways.
• If you're sending a document to someone who uses Microsoft Office for Windows, be sure to add a file extension to the end of the file name. You can add the extension when you save your presentation by selecting the Append file extension check box in the Save As dialog box.
You will also need to make sure that you have a default email program set for your OS. To set this, open up Mail, then go to Preferences. Under the General tab, choose your default email app from the drop down menu for "Default Email Reader".
If you have met all of those requirements, then you should have the "send to" option available from the Word File menu.

Reaction score
It works for me. I know this doesn't help you but I'm just indicating that it does work in OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.