Question about Shapeshifter default ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I am changed a few of my system and app. icons.... and like how they are now.... I would like to try out Shapeshifter... If I choose to go back to how I currently have it set-up will it just be a matter of choosing "DEFAULT" in Shapeshifter.. or will that change everything back to the "True" Default... which be different than what I have now???

Does that make any sense?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Shapeshifter isn't for changing icons, it changes the entire look of the OS, i.e. menu bars, buttons, textures etc.

The intel version is still a work in progress I think, so you've been warned :)

Check out Candybar for applying icon sets to your system if that's all you want to do.

Reaction score
If I choose to go back to how I currently have it set-up will it just be a matter of choosing "DEFAULT" in Shapeshifter.. or will that change everything back to the "True" Default... which be different than what I have now???

Default means default.....not your version but the system default.

I used ShapeShifter on my PPC G5 iMac and suddenly when I launched Mail, it was asking me to configure it as though it was being used for the first time.

It was scary.....I haven't a single solitary clue how and why or what I did wrong, but it's sort of turned me off from the whole theme business, for now anyway....

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.