How do you use iChat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
can you chat with like someone else using video with iChat? I have it opened here but I dont know how to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
can you chat with like someone else using video with iChat? I have it opened here but I dont know how to use it.

I've never used it either, because you either need a .mac account (that'll be $99 sir to get 5gigs of space and a chat account, plus 5 email addresses you can get free from anywhere) or AIM, which is almost equally awful.

I use Adium, which allows you to log in to your AIM, MSN, Yahoo or virtually any other chat client yuo signed up with over the years. Not sure if you can use a camera yet, I haven't tried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Well have you set up an account? with either AIM or.Mac?

As you can't video chat via Jabber.

If you have and included some "Buddies" just click on Video logo next to there logo on the Right Hand Side and that should invite them to a Video Chat. Then Bingo!

If you haven't set up either Accounts, goto Preferences then Accounts and Add either AIM or .Mac the set up is pretty straight forward.

--------

I use Adium, which allows you to log in to your AIM, MSN, Yahoo or virtually any other chat client yuo signed up with over the years. Not sure if you can use a camera yet, I haven't tried.

I used Adium before it was alright but my main problem was with the MSN Service so I had to drop it. I've switched to AIM and GoogleTalk niether of which I'd give a glowing review. But AIM is fairly decent!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
----Delete----

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
Yahoo Messenger works quite well.

I didn't know that you needed a .mac account to use video feature through iChat? Lame.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yahoo Messenger works quite well.

I didn't know that you needed a .mac account to use video feature through iChat? Lame.

You can use AIM instead though.

It would be good if iChat supported other Accounts such as Yahoo or maybe MSN but I doubt it :(

Also the problem with iChat is if you have more than 1 account you have to have separate windows for each of your buddy lists instead of having a combined list, like on Adium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
Also the problem with iChat is if you have more than 1 account you have to have separate windows for each of your buddy lists instead of having a combined list, like on Adium.

Adium on Mac = Trillian for Windows, right?

And does Adium support IRC?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.