Help!!!how Do I Turn Off Sleep??

T

TimMoore

I heard there was an application out there so you can close the lid on your powerbook without the computer goin to sleep... this way i can listen to itunes and close my screen...anyone know the answer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
yes.. go to version tracker and do a search for sleepless.

OP
S

supenguin

I don't mean to be a party-pooper, but won't that damage the system? Something about they are designed for heat to escape thru the keyboard or something like that? Should be OK as long as you don't use it for extended periods of time maybe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
supenguin said:
I don't mean to be a party-pooper, but won't that damage the system? Something about they are designed for heat to escape thru the keyboard or something like that? Should be OK as long as you don't use it for extended periods of time maybe?

I agree. Personally, I would just put the display to sleep or turn the brightness down to the minimum.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

thre is a way you can run you powerbook with the lid down all you need to do i have your system turned off and hook up you avi connector to an external montior boot the power book then close the lid from what i have been told this will make it boot directly to you other monitor then if you wan..turn on itunes disconnect the monitor from the avi cable and take it where it where ever....maybe on a road trip
or if you want you can tear the power book open and out the magnet just above the right hand side speaker under the grill, or i also found out there is a material you can purchase that is a couple mm's thin that refelect the magnetic signal but i forget what it is...a trip to you mill might bring an anwser

give them a try...to tell you i have never tried the first option there cause i dont have an extra monitor so give it a try and report back to us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Wow.. so miuch work to just listen to iTunes. If you want just use "sleepless" or if you don't want to take a chance of damaging it in any way, jsut reduce the contrast all the way down. No need to rip apart your powerbook.

EY

OP
P

PowerbookG417

okay here's the thing with that idea i gave you...the powerbook will boot and run with the lid closed if you have an external video device connected and connected with the power cord, your powerbook will stay cool and operate fine. the only problem is if you disconnect the power cord it shuts the machine off the powerbook cannot boot into the os closed on battery power for some reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.