iPhoto - Seperate Accounts

Reaction score
I set up seperate accounts on my new iMac for each of my family members. I would like my wife and I to be able to have access to our music and photos. I set the permissions on my music and photo folders already.

On iTunes, I see that I can point to my directory on her login and then I just import to her library. My understanding is that it doesn't copy the songs again but just adds a reference to my songs in her library.

But I can't find a similar setting in iPhoto. As far as I can tell, if I import, it copies everything to her directory thereby leaving duplicates on my hard drive and wasting space.

Does anyone know how I can allow my wife to have full access to my iphoto library?

On a related note, is there a way to let others (i.e. my kids) have read-only access while my wife still has full access? Can I set up groups? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.