No Clues ABout Macs, Need Some Help

L

ladyluck

I have an older Mac, powerbook G3, os 9.0, the sticker (on the bottom of the laptop) states: 14.1TFT / 300MHZ / 1MB / 64 MB / 8 GB HD / 4 MB VIDEO/DVD/MODEM.

However, the Apple System Profiler states : Virt. Memory 385MB / Built In Memory 384MB. 300 MHZ

A friend wants to buy it. I want to be sure I state the specs correctly to him and I am soooo clueless about Macs. Is the correct memory 384 MB or 64 MB?

Thanks for any help you can provide, I really appreciate it!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If the profiler reads your physical ram as 384 MB, then you have 384.

The sticker on the bottom only reads what the stock level of RAM was when the comptuer was purchased.

:black:

OP
L

ladyluck

Great, thank you so much for the fast reply. I am lacking computer skills and still learning, with no knowledge of a Mac. Heres the specs that I got off the Mac, they read:

Apple Macintosh Powerbook G3
OS 9.0
I.E. 4.0 for mac
disk cache 7.96 MB
Virtual Memory 385 MB
Built-In Memory 384 MB
Backside L2 cache 1 MB
Machine ID 312
Model Powerbook G3 Series
Processor PowerPC G3
Speed 300 MHZ
FPU Bulit-in

Version MAC OS 9.0 and 9.0+
Mac OS 27.4 MB

----so, I have 384 MB of ram, and 300 mhz .....is it a 1MB hard drive???
Thanks again!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
the sticker (on the bottom of the laptop) states: 14.1TFT / 300MHZ / 1MB / 64 MB / 8 GB HD / 4 MB VIDEO/DVD/MODEM.

According to that sticker and what you stated from your system profiler, your system has:

14" LCD Screen
300Mhz G3 Processor w/1 MB L2 Cache
8 GB Hard Drive
384 MB RAM
4 MB VRAM
DVD Optical drive
56k Modem

OP
L

ladyluck

You're awesome! thank you again! I did not know where to turn, this thing has been packed up for years and no manuals. Thanks for helping a clueless blond out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.