Having Normal AIFF conform to BPM in Soundtrack

Reaction score
Okay, so here's my conundrum...

I want to mix some tracks using soundtrack.

i've set my BPM and all my loops conform to it fine.

however whenever i try to drag a regular aiff file (be it an acapella track, instrumental track, or just regular track) it does not...it plays at its normal tempo.

now i understand why this feature exists...don't want to screw up songs when you're just doing regular editing,

but is there a way to make is so that the files WILL conform to the BPM of the project...and also is there a way that i can set the BPM for regular tracks?

I cannot figgure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong!

Reaction score
Okay, so here's my conundrum...

I want to mix some tracks using soundtrack.

i've set my BPM and all my loops conform to it fine.

however whenever i try to drag a regular aiff file (be it an acapella track, instrumental track, or just regular track) it does not...it plays at its normal tempo.

now i understand why this feature exists...don't want to screw up songs when you're just doing regular editing,

but is there a way to make is so that the files WILL conform to the BPM of the project...and also is there a way that i can set the BPM for regular tracks?

I cannot figgure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong!

Have you tried using Apple's Soundtrack Loop Utility? It should be a part of the Soundtrack package.

Soundtrack Loop Utility transforms WAV and AIFF files into the Apple Loop format, preferred by Soundtrack (and GarageBand, of course).

OP
E
Reaction score
but isn't the loop maker for short "loops" not 4 minute acapella tracks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.