MAIL Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Hello Everyone,

I have a question which may have been asked a bazillion times before, but I will try my luck.

I have never used the proprietry mail client on either my pc or mac, but I would like to try. I have used hotmail as my email client for over 8 years now and would love to know, is it possible to make mail log onto my hotmail account and transfer all my emails to my computer? I was also wondering, would this then let me copy the saved emails to an external hard drive to 'keep them' and let me empty my hotmail account?

Sorry if this sounds really round about, but I have no clue when it comes to this end of things. I am an animator and video editor, so I have had little time, or need, to deal with the mail /outlook express end of things and would really appreciate your suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
The httpmail plugin works fine for me, no problems at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
The httpmail plugin works fine for me, no problems at all.

For Hotmail?

As I tried this and it wouldn't allow me saying something about how I need to upgrade my Hotmail Account to enable access for either Outlook or other Mail Clients

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
You will need an old hotmail account that you have acessed through a mail client before. If you sign up today (or recently), you will have to pay for the premium version to be able to use that function.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.