ISO file - how to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nooutlet

I have an iMAC-G3-333mhz with a cd drive. I want to install Tiger 10.4. I am uploading an ISO file to my website (from my PC) and then I'm going to download it to my iMAC. How do I install an ISO file in that manner? Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You want to upload a downloaded ISO of Tiger from your PC and download it to your Mac?

Didn't know Apple sold ISO files of Tiger :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Not sure If I understood it properly but here goes...

Windows PC - I used to use DVD Decrypter to Burn .ISO Images to a DVD or CD

Apple - You use Disk Utility (Applications/Utilities) to Burn ISO Images to a DVD or CD

Hope that helps... I'm sure there is other bits of software but that's my personal preference. btw I only have experience with 10.4 Tiger so I don't know if Disk Utility is on your current OS Version.

OP
N

nooutlet

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have OSX 10.3 installed. I will download an ISO file to my iMAC. After downloading the ISO file, how do I install it to my iMAC? What do I do to the ISO file to make it installable? I was reading something about Toast. Would that do the trick?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only way I know how to install it is if you burn it to a DVD like I said...using Disk Utility

OP
N

nooutlet

That's the problem. On my iMAC, I have a CD. The ISO file is 2.8 GB. Thanks for the reply Big D 04.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is a problem...What you got on your Windows?

As far as I know there is no way of installing an .ISO Image without burning it first to a DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Or you could buy it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Downloading illegal copies of OS X is against the law, forum policies and bad taste.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.