Can I import Outlook 2003 into ical, mail, etc.

Reaction score
I earlier research being able to import data from Microsoft's Outlook 2003 for Windows XP into Entourage 2004 for Mac. I now plan to use the built in applications, ical, contacts, mail, etc. Is there a way of importing data into these? If necessary can I export to Outlook 2003 again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
I dont see why not, I dont have much experience with outlook or entourage you might try searching the apple support site... im sure you turn something up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
I earlier research being able to import data from Microsoft's Outlook 2003 for Windows XP into Entourage 2004 for Mac. I now plan to use the built in applications, ical, contacts, mail, etc. Is there a way of importing data into these? If necessary can I export to Outlook 2003 again?

Well, if you use entourage it has a built in sync with iCal, and Address book so that it keeps them current at all times - you have to check-box it in the preferences in Entourage, but it does just fine with them. I keep mine synched because some other apple apps hook with them and not entourage by itself. As far as going straight from Outlook on a Pc to the iCal, mail, and address book I'm not sure unless you could do some sort of export as a comma separated file or something. I haven't looked much at the import functions of those programs. I do know you can send your addresses as vcards from Outlook straight into address book as I do that frequently from my pc desktop to my powerbook and ibooks. It sends every field over and works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Actually it's not as straightforward as it should be. Microsoft obviously don't think people would ever want to leave Windows and Outlook behind and then use Entourage. You can import into Mail from Outlook, but it messes up your folders and attachments (which is nice).

I did the switch and here's how. Install Thunderbird on your PC. Import from Outlook to Thunderbird and then find your mail file (under Settings/username/Application Data etc) and find a file called "mail" - also you might want to do this for "sent" too.

Add the extension .mbox to the file and then save it to CD or Zip drive or whatever, so you can move it to your mac.

On the Mac, drag each .mbox icon (i.e. each folder you used in Outlook) from the desktop to Entourage or its icon in the Dock, and click Import on the dialog box that appears.

A guide is here. http://www.riches.com.au/articles/export-outlook-entourage.htm

Entourage is actually quite neat and does some things that Outlook cannot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.