Installing network printer

Reaction score
hi:

i am new to mac. hope someone here can help me with this.

i just got a my macbook pro and i am trying to install my printers.

i have 2 printers. Xerox phaser 8400 and Xerox DC400. The 8400 installs fine as there is a generic driver in OSX. Print ok but the interface is rather basic.

However, there is no generic print driver for DC400 available. Hence i have to download the driver from the xerox website. it is a *.sit file.

Problem is i do not know how to install this file. when i double click it, it prompt me for an application to open this file. I had played around for a few hours but to no avail.

How can I get my OS to use the print drivers which I have downloaded? Can someone go through the procedure please?

Thanks.

Reaction score
you are going to come across a lot o files that you won't know what to do with. Stuffit Expander has become probably the most important program for the Mac user who downloads a lot of stuff. It opens just about any compressed folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.