InDesign 2.0 Color Printing Problems

K

kryana

Does anyone know how to fix my color problem in InDesign 2.0? I have Panther and I'm printing to an Epson 1280. All InDesign documents are WAY off in color, they seem to be very muted no matter if I use PMS colors or CMYK.

OP
R

rogerhillier

I've wrestled all day with similar problem (black printing brown, magenta looked like baby pink etc), but with InDesign 3 and and an Epson 1270. Finally solved it like this: in the InDesign print dialogue, I selected 'Colour Management' where, under 'Print Space' you can select a profile. I changed this from 'Document RGB' (which produced crap colours) to the profile of the monitor. This was the profile I had saved last week when I calibrated my new cheapo TFT display.

The printer behaves a bit strangely - the head starts whizzing backwards and forwards and the paper is slowly drawn through until it gets to the place where the image should begin - and only then it starts to squirt ink. However - the colours are almost identical to what's on the screen so I'm not complaining.

I know it's not the same software version or printer model (and we don't spell colour/colour the same way) but I hope this might give an idea of how to solve your problem too. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ok, Im here.lol. click edit>transparency blend space, make sure its set to cmyk, if that printer is ink jet, set that to rgb^. then click edit>color settings>set it to us prepress defaults. click ok and that should be it.

OP
R

rogerhillier

Strange - just noticed the date of the original posting. No response for a year and then two within six minutes of each other (unless I've misunderstood how this works). At least there are now two alternative solutions, although the problem must have gone away by now - I was ready to jump on my printer after struggling for two hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no, you didnt misunderstand, someone posted before looking at the original post date, then I
posted without looking at the date. o well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.