Office 2004 ID request

T

tomtom2000

Hey guys!
I am running a OSx office 2004 and trying to block it from accesing the web, it checks for product ID and tels me that someone else is allready using it...i have the genuine one...
i don't like Microsoft and never liked them,would rather fix it myself,with our help..
so how do I block a program from accesing the web?
Thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If it tells you someone else is using it and you are certain yours is a valid copy, you should contact Microsoft to tell them about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Your only solution is to contact microsoft. You will need to provide verification that your purchased the program and they will create a new product ID for you so that yours is the only genuine copy.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The best solution is to do what everyone else suggested. The only other way to get around this is to disconnect from the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually, it sounds as though someone else on your local network is using the same serial nr.

As far as I know, office doesn't check online with microsoft to validate the serial nr, but it does scan the local network to see if it is being used on multiple machines.

If this is the case, just close office on the other mac and it should start fine on yours. You can install it on multiple machines, but you can only have it open on one at a time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.