Just got a MBP 2.33 15.4"

A

Atonox146

Just bought myself this nice computer. First day using it, MacOS X seems pretty straight forward except. Still trying to get comfortable with it. But really happy. I'm waiting for my version of windows XP to arrive... hehe

Reaction score
Congrats! i envy you!

i bet that baby blazes! both in your lap and in apps. haha, good luck with learning osx. it wont be long before you delete that windows partition and stick to osx. i did the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Future C2D MBP owner, hopefully
Awesome! I am waiting on my C2D MBP 2.33 160gb 2gb ram. I should get it Thursday. I don't know it it will be blazing hot in your lap. Apple made changes to the vents and cooling set up, and first hand acounts say they are running much cooler than before. But only time will tell.

OP
A

Atonox146

Awesome! I am waiting on my C2D MBP 2.33 160gb 2gb ram. I should get it Thursday. I don't know it it will be blazing hot in your lap. Apple made changes to the vents and cooling set up, and first hand acounts say they are running much cooler than before. But only time will tell.

Well, I was just on my computer all day basically, and it was pretty cool(temperature). It was actually a lot cooler than my xp laptop which is a toshiba satellite. I don't know from first hand experience since i didn't own the last one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Congratulations! I am sure you will love it! :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Good luck, that will be a speed demon. The Core 2 Duo chips are insane! Love my T7400!

OP
W

Who Cares444

I just got mine too and I'm in love. I thought one of my first tasks was going to be to install XP, but I've yet to feel the need. Of course, I'll eventually want to play a video game and pretty much have to install XP.

One thing I noticed though, I tried watching a 1080p trailer from iTunes and I noticed a slight lag. The trailer was so much more smooth that on any other computer I've used, but it still had the slightest lag. I have a C2D 2.16 with 2 gig of ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
So far the only reason I have had to boot up my Parallels virtual partition of XP has been to use www.logmein.com for a client. Unfortunatly logmein doesn't support Macs. But thats a week now without turning on my PC and as a Network Admin this is a big deal for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
I just got mine too and I'm in love. I thought one of my first tasks was going to be to install XP, but I've yet to feel the need. Of course, I'll eventually want to play a video and pretty much have to install XP.

One thing I noticed though, I tried watching a 1080p trailer from iTunes and I noticed a slight lag. The trailer was so much more smooth that on any other computer I've used, but it still had the slightest lag. I have a C2D 2.16 with 2 gig of ram.

The lag could be related to internet bottlenecks, you should try to download one then try it. Why would you have to install XP to watch a video?

OP
W

Who Cares444

The lag could be related to internet bottlenecks, you should try to download one then try it. Why would you have to install XP to watch a video?

Because it's too hard to figure out how to use Quicktime on OS X.

lol, oops. That was a typo. I fixed it and now it says "video game."

Edit: I also just tried watching a different trailer and it was flawless. I guess it must have been something about the first one I tried. God, I LOVE my MBP!

(/grasps MBP) Don't ever leave me.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

With that machine you should not see a lag at all. My Core Duo Intel Mini 1.66Ghz has no lag with any 1080p I have tried on Apples site. All my PC's lag and skip frames like crazy though in XP on the same videos. Just my iMac G5 2.1Ghz and the Core Duo Mini play them without any jerk or skipping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
when i said internet bottlenecks, I meant skipping related to streaming the content. I imagine not everyone has Quicktime Pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.