Modifying MacBook's Apple logo color

S

seinman

I'm trying to change the color of the Apple logo on the lid of my MacBook, kind of like this, but only using one color. http://homepage.mac.com/jimyounkin/PhotoAlbum6.html

I opened up my MacBook, but the piece of white plastic/paper that's over the logo (see the image subtitled "Cutting the tape to allow me to put stufff under the logo." to see what i'm talking about) isn't the same. It's one large piece of something that covers the entire lid... not sure if it's paper or thin plastic or what. I was afraid of messing things up by trying to cut into it, so I simply put my lighting gel on top of it, instead of under it like in the example. It worked, I now have a blue Apple. However, it's VERY dim and the blue is hardly noticible.

My question is: has anyone else tried this mod on a MacBook? Is it safe to cut through whatever material is covering the Apple logo? Or should I just give up and live with white?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
seinman said:
I opened up my MacBook, but the piece of white plastic/paper that's over the logo (see the image subtitled "Cutting the tape to allow me to put stufff under the logo." to see what i'm talking about) isn't the same.
It is different because that isn't a MacBook in that picture. As you can see from the page title and pictures, it is a 12" PowerBook.

Personally, I wouldn't want to take the chance and damage my new Mac by trying to change something.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.