OS X Software - what do i get with this as standard?

K

katiafudge

Hi,

I am thinking on getting an iMac for my xmas and i currently study Computer Science and am advanced with a PC but want to also spread my wings a littel and get on the Mac experience.

However can someone explain what type of software comes with OS X, ie word processor, windows media player things like that but obviously Mac versions? Like the iLife does that come standard or do you buy seperate?

Thanks

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you buy a new Mac from Apple, iLife will be included with your purchase. Different Macs come with different software bundles. These bundles change from time to time so it is difficult to go into more detail as to what will be included. Be sure to check out the Apple website for the latest software packages that would be included with your purchase.

You can also get a good idea of what to expect by checking out this link:

Awesome out of the Box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
iLife comes with every Mac(New) you buy. You can find more info. here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Also if you go to the Tech Specs for each machine it has a section on whats included with the machine

OP
K

katiafudge

D3v1L80Y said:
If you buy a new Mac from Apple, iLife will be included with your purchase. Different Macs come with different software bundles. These bundles change from time to time so it is difficult to go into more detail as to what will be included. Be sure to check out the Apple website for the latest software packages that would be included with your purchase.

You can also get a good idea of what to expect by checking out this link:

Awesome out of the Box
Ok great thanks for the info i shall check it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
This is what you get:

Address book
Applescript
Automator
Big Bang Board Games
Calculator
Chess
Comic Life
Dashboard
Dictionary
DVD Player
Font Book
Garage Band
iCal
iDVD
Image Capture
iMovie HD
iPhoto
iSync
iTunes
iWork
Mail
OmniOutliner
Photo Booth
Quicktime Player
Safari
Sherlock
Stickies
TextEdit

Obviously, stuff like Real Player, Adobe Reader and Media Player are available to download for free.

My Mac DIDN'T come with ILife.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.