Word for Mac OS9

D

davetheworst

Hi, I have a problem in that I bought an old Mac to use purely for word processing so I can do university work at home. I need a version of Word on it but all versions for OS9 are discontinued?? Is there anywhere I can find Word 5.1 for the Mac or any other version that will work in OS9? I do have Appleworks, but they use Word on PCs at university and I believe there can be formatting issues with headers/footers and some other things?

If the product is actually discontinued, I would have no issue downloading a torrent or something, but there seems to be nothing out there for OS9! Is it really impossible to find software this old?

I would be very grateful any comments or suggestions!

Reaction score
davetheworst said:
Hi, I have a problem in that I bought an old Mac to use purely for word processing so I can do university work at home. I need a version of Word on it but all versions for OS9 are discontinued?? Is there anywhere I can find Word 5.1 for the Mac or any other version that will work in OS9? I do have Appleworks, but they use Word on PCs at university and I believe there can be formatting issues with headers/footers and some other things?

If the product is actually discontinued, I would have no issue downloading a torrent or something, but there seems to be nothing out there for OS9! Is it really impossible to find software this old?

I would be very grateful any comments or suggestions!

Hi, how about this one:

http://www.marinersoftware.com/sitepage.php?page=12

OP
D

davetheworst

Thanks for the reply Pulse-8!

Hi, I've tried the demo version of Mariner Write as suggested and it seems ok, but it still has issues with footers and page numbering when reading documents created in Word.

If there are any other suggestions or anyone knows where I can get Word for OS9 please enlighten me!

OP
D

davetheworst

I believe it's only Office 2001 and earlier that operate on OS9 - like looking for a needle in a haystack 5 years on!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
An Auction site like eBay is probably your best bet

Reaction score
Well dude I just saw a Mac Word for OS9 at the thrift store last week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.